Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Around the World with Aunt Sharril!

In these last two weeks Jay and I are trying to reel in some information from people abroad, and I'm very happy to have received a response from my Aunt Sharril, who is the most well traveled lady I know. I'd love to get a peak her closet, but alas, all I have is some interesting information about a few items.

White pants,  50 % cotton,48pc linen 2 pc lycra bought in Australia, Made in China
Printed Top, 100 % rayon  bought in Autralia, made in Indonesia
Skirt, 100 % cotton bought in New Caledonia, made in India
Shorts, 100 % cotton bought in US, made in Egypt
Sweater, 100 % cotton bought in France, made in Spain
Night gown, 100 % cotton  bought in England, made in Sri Lanka.
"I wonder where all that cotton actually came from. I notice that nothing I randomly picked in my closet is made in France or the US where I spent a lot of time"

Which is a good point. Even though things are made in one country, there is a very long chain of production leading up the actual constructing of a garment. An item of clothing could have materials that travelled around the world 5 times before making it to your closet!!!

Thanks again to Aunt Sharril, and hopefully we get some more responses from others abroad!!

-Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment