Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sort of Related/Unrelated


So after my post on hemp, I was in Blooming Foods and out of curiosity I went back to the spice/seed section area (the one with all the plastic bottles full of stuff in it that you pour into little baggies and then label.) Simply because I wanted to know, I discovered that you can buy, 'Organic Hemp Seeds', in Blooming Foods. I believe they were something like $7.99 for a pound (that would be a whole lot.)

Since you can buy a very little bit and do not have to buy the whole lot I decided to get some for the sake of curiosity. One of the articles that I used in the previous post about Hemp Fibers, contained this quote, "Those who begin each day with at least four, but probably five, measuring tablespoons of Hemp Hearts, preferably with fruit and yogurt (vegetables for diabetics), will notice from the first day that they have sufficient energy for the entire day, that they expel wastes after every meal and that they are not hungry again until mid-afternoon," Hemp Heart's From Canada, (the image above comes from the same site as the quote, the seeds are rather small and white I think the green is what's left of the husk or possibly plant material but I'm not sure.)


Hemp, seeds taste rather green. I know that isn't a taste but you know how grass or Indigo just smells green when it's cut up? These just sort of taste green.

I haven't tried the prescribed amount, yet.. I'm rather sadly out of yogurt and I don't rather feel like trying to eat four to five table spoons of them on their own (actually I'm not sure I got that much, lol.) Anyway, I thought this might be a fun interlude away from fibers, I'll let you know if they make any difference. ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment