Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another follower :)

It's so interesting getting these emails from people who are related to people who know and yet have never met. I'm not sure why that's interesting something about a supposed relationship... or I'm not going to make sense this morning, not enough coffee yet. So onward, AJ I'm pleased to meet you. :) Thank you for taking the time to respond we appreciate it.

*chuckles* Someone else who always cuts their tags out of their clothing. It does rather make this project slightly more difficult. ^_^



Hi, I'm Candace's aunt, AJ. I hope I can be of assistance with your project. If you need more info, just let me know.

It will be a sad day when the following items no longer grace my closet because they are threadbare and therefore are no longer wearable or (God forbid) I have out grown them :( Comfort, style, and versatility have made these my favorite clothes.

The black jeans are 98% cotton with 2% spandex ( I remember a time before spandex and it was NOT fun.) They are Levi's Perfectly Slimming 512 style. That says it all.

The safety yellow LLBean vest made of 100% nylon with a polyester fleece lining is worn almost daily starting the first of Nov until Easter. The color is very versatile and pairs well with most outfits.. I love that a vest offers warmth, but does not have sleeves that can get in the way.

The blue dress was purchased while vacationing in Grenada. The fabrique is 100% cotton and was batiked locally. This dress is at least 15 years old, and has been brightened up by giving it a Rit dye bath at least twice. The batik was somewhat compromised by my handiwork, but was a good decision as it breathed life into an old favorite. It is very comfortable to wear on a hot summer day.

The periwinkle blue cashmere sweater is one of 4 identical sweaters in different colors that I own. I love these for comfort, warmth without being heavy, and the fact that they can be dressed up or down. Everyday and occasion is "cash" for me in the winter.

Finally, my animal print cardigan is appreciated for it's 3/4 length sleeves and light weight. I think it is made of nylon, but am not totally sure, as I always cut the labels from my clothing.

Good luck with the project, AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment