Monday, September 28, 2009

First Victim, Candace!

Hey, Everyone. Meet Candace, she is the co-founder of this project and will be working with me as we start to put all of this together. In the future she may also be helping me update the blog so don't be surprised to see her posting on here to. :)

Hopefully in the next few days we'll be getting up the first images of the maps (which I still need to find a way to mount. I'm thinking a big piece of cardboard will be the easiest/cheapest way to do it. Now just waiting for boxes to become available that are big enough.)

I'm Candace, I live in the United States.

Ok. So the yellow skirt is a goodwill find, that was a giant tube that I altered by cinching up the sides. its 100% acrylic, but made in the good ole USA!

The black pants with the green shirt: black pants are another goodwill find, altered from flares to straight legs, 97% cotton, 3% spandex!. They were made in Germany. The green shirt is an inside out t-shirt I bought to support a Little 500 bike race team. I used it to make a dinosaur custome that has held up for 2 years now! Its tag is not any longer, but I'm sure its at least half cotton, but not sure where it was made.

The black shirt and shorts: the black shirt is a thrift store find, its 50% cotton 50% polyester and made in the USA! The shorts were pants that were on sale at express in the mall for 10 dollars! since then, they've gotten patched knees, then eventually became shorts. They were made in Mexico and I think it says 98% cotton and 2% spandex.

Sometime farther down the road Candace and I are thinking about doing a clothing swap/alteration work shop somewhere in the Bloomington area. If you are interested in attending such an event, please let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment